At the culmination of each years’ School, students work with developers to produce a set of online editions showcasing different aspects of their texts, and different capabilities of digital publishing. Whilst we strive for the highest standards in scholarship and technology, these editions are the product of no more than five days intensive work and have not been subject to a full editorial process or peer review. They are posted ‘as-is’ should be treated as prototypes demonstrating the rich and varied potential of digital editing; they are the beginning of a conversation, not the final word.
These projects look at so-called ‘named entities’, in this case people and places that appear within the chosen manuscripts.
We make use of the TEI
<listPlace> elements, and some online mapping tools.
These editions explore various ways of visualising variations between different editions of a manuscript.
- Arius’ Thalia Fragments - edition by Viacheslav Lytvynenko
- Bataille Loquifer - edition by Cristina Dusio
- Bærings saga - edition by Markéta Ivánková
- Exhortacio ad canonicos regulares de vicio proprietatis - edition by Kristýna Strnadová
- La Fazienda de Ultra Mar - edition by Dave McGougall
- Latin legend of St. Anastasia - edition by Barbora Špádová
These editions explore different ways of publishing the text of a manuscript and a photographic facsimile in tandem, and of allowing interaction between these two elements. The students working in this group were particularly interested in the formal characteristics of their manuscripts.
These editions explore ways of presenting the reader with two editions of a text in parallel.
- Vie de saint Martin de Wauchier de Denain – Edition by Ariane Pinche
- The L prosification of La chanson de la croisade contre les albigeois – Edition by Andrea Tondi
- Bounté des Femmes – Edition by Davide Battagliola
- La dottrina del parlare e del tacere. V Volgarizzamento di Andrea da Grosseto – Edition by Matteo Luti
- On Cardiac Drugs – Edition by Magdalena Janosikova
- Aenigmata Tullii, Edition by Giulia Farina
- Judicium Veritatis - edition by Hugo Fraslin
- The life of Angela da Foligno - edition by Ella Kilgallon
- Musica Ecclesiastica - edition by David Harrap
- Novas del Papagai - edition by Cesare Mascitelli
These editions cover a range of characteristics that do not fall into other categories